Habitat Restoration and Dust Suppression Projects at Salton Sea
The California Natural Resources Agency (CNRA) has released a draft Project Description for the Salton Sea Management Program Phase I: 10-Year Plan. The draft Project Description identifies habitat restoration and dust suppression projects around the Sea to revitalize the environment and protect public health.
A series of three virtual workshops were held in September 2020 to solicit community input on the draft Project Description goals and objectives as well as the sizes, locations, and types of projects being proposed and anticipated impacts. The state also solicited feedback about how the public would like to access the Sea and what compatible community amenities should be prioritized. In addition to the public workshops, written comments on the Project Description were accepted through September 30, 2020.
All comments received, either verbally or written, have been compiled into a document below. The input acquired will help inform the development of a range of alternatives for approximately 30,000 acres of projects that will be part of a forthcoming larger Environmental Assessment in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Preguntas para recibir comentarios públicos sobre el borrador de la descripción del proyecto del SSMP, fase I: Plan de 10 Años
- Public Workshop Flyer – Projects are coming to the Salton Sea!
- Public Workshop Flyer – Próximos proyectos en el Salton Sea
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Community Input Sought for Habitat Restoration and Dust Suppression Projects at Salton Sea
- PARA SU PUBLICACIÓN INMEDIATA – Se solicita la contribución de la comunidad para los Proyectos de Restauración del Hábitat y de Supresión del Polvo en el Salton Sea
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC WORKSHOP – SALTON SEA MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- AVISO DE TALLER PÚBLICO – SALTON SEA MANAGEMENT PROGRAM